If you’re feeling bummed out about having a cast (at some point we all get frustrated), please remind yourself that things will get better! Here are the top traits of mentally strong individuals according to forbes.com. While Forbes articles generally relate to wealth building, I think most of these traits can be applied to those recovering from an injury.
1. They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They keep control. They don’t give away their power.
3. They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
4. They stay happy. They don’t complain. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
5. They are kind, fair, and not afraid to speak up.
6. They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and the benefits before taking action.
7. They invest their energy in the present. They don’t dwell on the past.
8. They accept full responsibility for their past behavior. They don’t keep making the same mistake over and over.
9. They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent that success.
10. They are willing to fail. They don’t give up after failing. They see every failure as a chance to improve.
11. They enjoy their alone time. They don’t fear being alone.
12. They are prepared to work and succeed on their own merits. They don’t feel the world owes them anything.
13. They have staying power. They don’t expect immediate results.
14. They evaluate their cord beliefs – and modify when needed.
15. They expend their mental energy wisely. They don’t waist time on unproductive thoughts.
16. They think productively. They replace negative thoughts with productive thoughts.
17. They tolerate discomfort. They accept their feelings without being controlled by them.
18. They reflect on their progress everyday. They take time to consider what they’ve achieved and where they are going.
Also, I would like to add that mentally strong people are not afraid to cry and express their feelings to others. 💕💕💕