Now that you’re injured it’s far more convenient to bring the party to you! This is a good time to celebrate the people in your life who have helped during your recovery. Invite friends over for cake and champs to show your appreciation for their support. No cooking required if you’re in an arm cast. Leg casted beauties, if you feel like baking the bundt cake recipes are courtesy of Dianna from The Kitchen Prep.
You Will Need…
- Store bought mini bundt cakes. If you can not find bundt cakes you can substitute with regular pound cake. If this seems too difficult then go to your favorite bakery and buy some cute cupcakes.
- Powdered sugar for glaze (not necessary if using cupcakes).
- Decorative sprinkles like sparkling sugar and sugar pearls (again, skip if using cupcakes).
- Champagne, sparkling white or prosecco.
- A sparkling non-alcoholic beverage (in case you’re still on pain meds).
- Garnish for the champs. Frozen raspberries are easy and colorful.
- Cute paper napkins, plates, and forks.
- Champagne flutes.
Bundt Cake Champagne Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of champagne, sparkling white, or prosecco.
- Decorative sprinkles.
In a small bowl mix sugar and champagne until smooth. If mixture is too thick add a tad more champagne. For best results, try a thicker liquid that will stick to your cake. Drizzle or dip cakes in glaze to cover, then place on a cooling rack to let excess drip off. Apply decorative sprinkles like sparkling sugar and sugar pearls while glaze is still wet. Allow glaze to set slightly before serving. Note: if you’re using pound cake you can pour the glaze over the entire loaf or slice and drizzle glaze over individual slices.
Enjoy! This party can be thrown together at the last minute with minimal effort and maximum effect. For effortless meal ideas, check out our board on Pinterest….